Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to use with 2nd grader? SOS? Lifepac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinamccollum
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: What to use with 2nd grader? SOS? Lifepac? Reply with quote

I have 2 boys in school. 3rd grade and 2nd grade. I am planning to use Switched on Schoolhouse 2.0 R2 for the oldest, but I am not sure what to use with the 2nd grader. He has been going to an Academy for the last 3 years using ACE. According to them, he is halfway through his 2nd grade year, but I feel he needs to start at the beginning of 2nd because he is a slow reader. By the way he is only 6 anyway and will be 7 in a couple of months. If you have had any experience with Switched on Schoolhouse or Lifepac by Alpha and Omega Publication please comment. Thanks
Laurieinwa
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you planning to use lifepacs for all their subjects? I know that it can be quite overwhelming and boring using all lifepacs. The SOS is quite intensive and has lots of busy work. We used it once in highschool for one subject but it was just too much information.
tinamccollum
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered all lifepac for my 2nd grader. and all SOS for my 3rd grader. I didn't know what to do and time was running out. I am going to try it this year and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember to be flexible, and if you need supplements that are a little lighter and more fun, such search on the internet, their are a ton of worksheets and other fun stuff to keep school a little more enjoyable.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Linda Woody
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I have used ABEKA for home school and also in a Christian school classroom for K, 1st., and 2nd. grades. I also have used LifePak for Jr. High and also Saxon Math for Jr. High. I recommend any of these for the grades I have listed. <p>
Can I interest you in trying a free 2 lesson unit in phonics based spelling that I have developed as a graduate student technology integration project. I need home schoolers to help evaluate the effectiveness of the project. I would love to send an e-mail to you with more information if you are interested. Sincerely, Linda Woody <mrslwoody@mac.com>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: