Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone here use Charlotte Mason method or Living Books?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinsegg
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Does anyone here use Charlotte Mason method or Living Books? Reply with quote

I'm going to be using Charlotte Mason method with Living Books curriculum. Is anyone familiar?

Rachel
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an article about CM and found it very enlightening. It was talking about how it was used for children with special needs. A very good article. It was in The Old SchoolHouse if you are interested.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
wendi.t.momof4
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: I love CM method! Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi!
I only read "When Children love to Learn" and that was enough to learn the basics of CM. Very simply, I try to either read aloud to my kids or have the older ones read to themselves, then they re-tell or 'narrate' as Charlotte Mason calls it-back to me what they read. My kids are 7-14 and I have 4. Two of my kids are attention deficit and it really helps their reading comprehension. I'm careful to get books I know they will like and go over any difficult vocabulary before I read it. Otherwise, it's a great method. But I do not agree with CM method for teaching kids how to read by sight-I've found phonics works very well. Anyway, it's simple to incorporate into hs and for me, the less stress the better since this is my first year hs all four of my kids! Laughing Have a great day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: