Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone used McRuffey for teaching phonics/reading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abunchofus
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: anyone used McRuffey for teaching phonics/reading Reply with quote

Has anyone used McRuffey for teaching phonics/reading?

I was thinking of getting it for use with my K and 1st

just wanted some reviews
Thanks,
Christi
kkg
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: McRuffy Phonics Reply with quote

I know this is a long time from when you posted, but I have used McRuffy Press Phonics and Reading as well as their Math for both Kindergarten and this year 1st grade. I do like the Phonics and Reading program my 6yr old 1st grader is reading all sorts of books....Little Bear, Frog & Toad, etc. I also purchased the Phonics Pathways book before my son started Kindergarten & I refer to that for some of the spelling rules for my own benefit to be able to explain them in a different way than the McRuffy book explains them.

Did you choose this program for this year or did you go with something else?
abunchofus
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought it yet - we have hooked on phonics but I just don't care for it - it doesn't give really a good foundation. I also have phonics pathways but haven't gotten into it yet.

I am strongly considering purchasing the McRuffy! But we may be moving fairly soon so I need to wait and see for sure because no need to purchase it to pack it up for a month -

thanks so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: