Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a good magazine for 9 year old girl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Reading, Writing, Language Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theduntons
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Is there a good magazine for 9 year old girl? Reply with quote

Any magazine to draw her closer to reading and writing?
Jill
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is she interested in? Google "(subject she likes) magazine for kids" to see if there is a magazine for kids on that topic. If she's interested in the topic, she'll most likely love reading about it and may even write into the magazine for a contest or submission.

Best wishes!
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopscotch Magazine

http://funforkidzmagazines.com/hopscotch
mikeclan
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to disturb you but I wanted to ask you ( Mr. Hscoch) if I can get few of the demo magazines before buying them. Actually I needed a website where I could find such kind of stuff but I can't spent before I don't see few pages. I am not saying that these books are not worthy but its just an initial satisfaction. Could you please help me out. Thanks in advance.
olivialeeper
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragons and aliens and dinosaurs, oh my! And for girls, there are interesting, mischievous girls to meet, as well as cousins who are really sweet. This is a category of early chapter books, beginning chapter book — more advanced than Henry and Mudge but not ready for Newbery Award winners — that is sorely lacking in quality series. I sought out a bunch of new early chapter book series to f ind more options and I’m happy to say that there are some new good ones! I also “test drove” out my recommendations on my own kids and their play dates … and the verdict was positive. Ivy and Bean was a hit – twice over. Cobble Street Cousins were a hit in my 2nd grader’s entire class, and Clementine, though slightly more advanced is well worth the effort. Read on for the rest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Reading, Writing, Language Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: