Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LIVING OFF THE GRID, or away from any other hs families?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Suggest a Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendi.t.momof4
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: LIVING OFF THE GRID, or away from any other hs families? Reply with quote

Smile Hi-I'm hs all four of my children this year; first time. We live up in the mountains, without a car now, and have no hs families in our town, that I know of, with school-aged kids. I just would like to talk to another Christian homeschool mom who can relate and/or has some tips. For now, I'm thankful for this forum, email, etc. Smile
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendi,
What are the ages of your children? I have five, 13, 11, 9, 7, and 6. We are starting our second consecutive, fourth total, year of hs. Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here!

Bobbins
alisarussell
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Beginning homeschooling as well! Reply with quote

Welcome Wendi! I have two boys (9 and 6 1/2) and will be beginning my first year homeschooling them in September. There are alot of resources in this forum I know you will enjoy.

Alisa
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: living in the sticks Reply with quote

I live in a rural area and not any homeschoolers with children my daughters age. This site seems to be a godsend. Being away from the mainstream can be a blessing!!!!!!! michelle
MaryC
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would love to live off the grid, how do you do it?
I think this forum will be a blessing to you as it seems there
are a lot of willing and helpful homeschoolers here. This is my
first year of homeschooling. We are finding our way.
regards
wendi.t.momof4
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: This site is my hs lifeline!:-) Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi everyone! I totally forgot to check back on this forum. I'll try to answer some of your questions. My kids are ages 7, 9, 12 and 14. We don't live off the grid but we live in the mountains about an hour from the freeway and Walmart Laughing and our "town" maybe has a population of 400. We've only lived here a year and love it. But we're without a car and THIS SITE IS DEFINITELY AN ANSWER TO PRAYER! Don't have any support groups and do not want to go to the public school facility for homeschoolers.
This is my first year hs and we're loving it! Bye for now and have a blessed day! Very Happy
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves hello*
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Suggest a Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: