Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help choosing curriculum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrihay
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: help choosing curriculum Reply with quote

Quote:
I need help choosing a curriculum for my 7th grader. I don't mind mixing curriculums. I need something for math, english, science, spelling, reading, and history. I thought about Saxon 1/2 for math.

Any suggestions?
Isikole
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian or secular?

If your preference is for christian, you might want to look into Alpha Omega publications. They offer full packages, as well as being able to buy for individual subjects. Obviously, their programs will offer a christian perspective with regard to science and history.

For secular, your best bet would be to put a package together from various sources, or you could go with an online school. Online schools, however, do run a bit on the pricey side. If you need any advice as far as secular is concerned, let me know, I've just put together a curriculum for a 9th grader and I'm very happy!
terrihay
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going with a christian program.

I used ABEKA DVD's last year. Just wanted to do something else.
Isikole
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a lot of good things about Switched on Schoolhouse. If I were not looking at secular, it would definitely have been my preference. If you do a search on the various homeschool forums, you will find many positive reviews. Sonlight seems to be another one that parents like for the upper grades.

Good luck.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: