laws reguarding "roadschooling"

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

StoneFamily
User

laws reguarding "roadschooling"

Postby StoneFamily » Fri May 22, 2009 10:15 am

My husband and I in this next year are planning on selling our possessions/cars/house and buying an rv and starting our North and South American Journey. We plan on roadschooling but are unsure if their are any laws pertaining to this. We don't know if we are keeping Ohio as our "residence"

Does anyone else roadschool what advice do you have. Our daughter will be 3 1/2 at the time of our departure.

sartasd
User

Postby sartasd » Mon May 25, 2009 12:11 pm

I would think the state your RV is register with will be the state you homeschool under. Will you use a friend or family member's address for your licenses and registrations?
Sharon

Jill
User

Postby Jill » Tue May 26, 2009 5:43 am

I have a friend who did this for a year and homeschooled under the laws of our state. They started HSing here and after their year of touring, settled back here. They used a family members address for all their official correspondence.

What a fun adventure! Keep us posted!
Jill

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm

If you go and get one of those boxes at someplace like mailboxes ect. it gives you a physical address you can use. That might be something to look into.

zozomom
User

RV Road Trip

Postby zozomom » Wed May 27, 2009 9:41 am

Hello,
How wonderful for you and your little one! I would think you would school under the state your RV is registered also. But really, at age 31/2 I wouldn't even worry about formal schooling for a couple of years.
Blessings on your great adventure together!

erin
User

Postby erin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:15 pm

we are doing the live in one state and work in another. I consider us to be very fortunate. We never thought we could swing it, but its just like owning a second home near my parents. We moved south almost 10 years ago, but we wanted to homeschool even though his work brought us back up north. whichever state you are homesteaded should be the rules you follow. Just always have a good excuse why you are not home...!! nothing better than to see and learn about history first hand after reading it in a book.

tinky wink
User

Postby tinky wink » Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 pm

We HS on our round-the-world trip and it wasn't a problem. I can't even imagine that anyone would have cared to catch up with us and bust us. It's best to not draw attn to yourself though and you should probably follow the laws in your state.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Mark Twain

KeriMomof2
User

Postby KeriMomof2 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 pm

I am not sure..I just wanted to say how cool i think what you are doing is 8)
I wish I could do something like this...keep up posted on how your adventure goes :D
Keri
No-Vax~EBF~Time4Learning-Homeschooler~Crunchy Momma 2 DD & DS <3

Return to “Homeschool Law”