Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequential Spelling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Reading, Writing, Language Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ontheprairie
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Sequential Spelling Reply with quote

I want to talk to people who have used this program and can tell me about it. I have three kids in school... 11 year old boy going into grade 6, 10 year old girl going into grade 5, and 6 year old girl going into grade 1. This is going to be our second year of homeschool. We do Abeka Book curricullum but I have considering doing Sequential Spelling for our grade 5 and 6 students who have never learned phonics and sounds. Our 10 year old really struggles with her spelling and I spent the year last year going back to the basics and teaching her the same phonics I was teaching our kindergarten student. She enjoyed it and really felt proud of herself for having learned so much she had never learned before.

Thanks.
Jazzy
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Sequential Spelling with my son last year. It is a really good program, and my son enjoyed it. The only downside is that you have to sit and do the program with your child every day, which for us took 15-20 minutes. My son is a natural speller, and didn't really need that type of one on one attention for spelling so I decided to go with a workbook type program that he can do on his own.

I think it is a good program though for children who have trouble with traditional programs. Here are some reviews - Sequential Spelling reviews
sunnySue10
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: I like Dr. Aardsma's Spelling Drill! Reply with quote

I am using Dr. Aardsma's Spelling Drill. It is now web-based (online). The kids take their drills right on his website. It keeps a database on my children, keeping track of the words they get wrong and repeating them till they get them right. This is a great time and frustration saver! I highly recommend this product! I think this is a bargain for $16.95 per year. They do have quantity discounts if you have a big family. Check it out at www.DrAardsmasDrills.com. Try a demo. Negative is that you must have the internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Reading, Writing, Language Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: