Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just pulled my daughter out today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrightno
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: I just pulled my daughter out today! Reply with quote

Hi,
I just pulled my daughter out today because she just wasen't happy with her school etc.... She is in the 7th grade but we are going to be doing 7th/8th grade......
lillyg
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been in the same boat. My son is in 4th grade and he hates school, has no friends and kids are very mean to him and dislike him especially because he doesn't get in trouble. I have been throwing around the thought of taking him out before the school year end or now, right now I am leaving him in until the end of the year but if something happens again, I will pull him out. It is very hard to see our kids unhappy especially where they should be having fun and enjoying friends. I commend you for taking your daughter out. I am definitely homeschooling my son (10) and my daughter (4) in the fall.
Good Luck.
Lilly
LisaReynolds
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: I just pulled my daughter out today! Reply with quote

wrightno wrote:
Hi,
I just pulled my daughter out today because she just wasen't happy with her school etc.... She is in the 7th grade but we are going to be doing 7th/8th grade......

Good for you Natasha. It is not an easy decision but it is one that only you can make and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Lisa
Jill
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how's it going? Hopefully, you are getting a chance to hang out with her and reconnect.
Best wishes!
sartasd
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Is your dd doing the Florida online school through the PS or are you doing another curriculum?

Our PS is on spring break this week 29 March to 5 April

A friend just transfered her son to another middle school in St. Augustine--
Murray to Gambles, Murray is known for fights, and many bullies. Parents move just to put their kids at Gambles, which is known for being the best in our county. I am happy she did this because her son is my son's friend and my son went to Murray for a short time last year before I pulled him out to homeschool him.

I am seeing this over and over again. violence in our schools and the police officers in the schools can only do so much. Our nation's PS has alot to fix. Something that I don't see ever happening, kids are not being taught self-control and other virtues anymore. It is sad that there are kids who want to learn but can't because of violence and distruptions in the classrooms. Teachers have a hard job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: