Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschool Conventions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efxmel
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Homeschool Conventions Reply with quote

My husband and I have decided to homeschool our son. In 10 days we are headed to the Cincinnati homeschool convention and I do not want to be overwhelmed. Any suggestions? I think we pretty much know what we want to do as far as curriculums go, but nothing is set. Just thought I would ask because I really do not have a plan.

Thanks,
Mel
Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley
Jill
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think you know what curricula you would like to use, I would suggest spending a very short time in the bookfair part and attending all the workshops you can especially those geared toward beginning homeschoolers.

As a new homschooler, the bookfair can make you second guess everything you think you've decided on and empty your pockets in short order. If there is something specific you would like to see before you get there, go in and check it out, but know there will be many temptations! Many vendors offer convention specials, but for me it's worth the extra few dollars to wait on something I hadn't considered before (the convention) and buy at home without the pressure/thrill/excitement that goes with the convention.

Have fun and be encouraged!
Best wishes!
efxmel
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jill. I let my husband read your post and he promised to keep me on task.

God Bless,
Mel
Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: