Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Educational evaluation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennywirth
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Annual Educational evaluation Reply with quote

Hi everyone...I am a new HS mother of two, and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on what type of test i should give to my 8 yr old DS for his annual evaluation?? Also wondering if anyone may now the type of subjects on these test, so i know i am preparing him for the right stuff..I am so glad i found this site it has been such a help!!! Thank you all again.
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a bit of searching and found this page on the FCAT, the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test. It's what public school students take grades 3-11. While you don't necessarily have to have your son take this exact test - any state or nationally-accredited standardized test will probably do - it should give you an idea of the sorts of things they're looking for.
lisakinter
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advise finding an experienced homeschool evaluator in your area and having her in for an eval. In Florida, the rule is that they need some sort of evaluation and the most popular method seems to be to have an evaluation by a licensed teacher.

There are consultants around who are great at this and can give you useful advice on your curriculum and approach. Of course, it's scary. Terrifying. But, following the advice is optional and usually, people really enjoy having an experienced person really engage with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: