Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting in Alberta - homeschooled five years in Ontario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beyond_the_horizons4
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Starting in Alberta - homeschooled five years in Ontario Reply with quote

I would like some information from any members who homeschool in Alberta. We are moving there from Ontario. In Ontario, we file a letter of intent with the local school board and then basically we are on our own. So Alberta's system will be quite different for us. Obviously, I have lots of questions. Number one - recommendations for which school board to register with. We have used an eclectic style of homeschooling - using the Ontario standards as a jumping off point. Would this be considered blended in Alberta? Finally, as I cull my myriad files and books - we are travelling very light - I am putting together a portfolio of each of the children's work. I believe this would be the best way to show the new school board what we have been doing - any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting in Alberta - homeschooled five years in Ontario Reply with quote

Willing Non-Resident Boards (scroll down)
beyond_the_horizons4
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I will start investigating these links. Are there any schoolboards that are recommended or I should avoid?
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Probably Education Unlimited: Reply with quote

Well, Education Unlimited is also in our listing of homeschool organizations for Canada, so if I had to pick a school board to go with, I'd probably pick them.
beyond_the_horizons4
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. Education Unlimited is definately on our shortlist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: