Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Math Enrichment help please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoveyA
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Math Enrichment help please? Reply with quote

I'm currently homeschooling my 8 year old son and I'm looking for some affordable math enrichment material. Any has any idea if the Winning Maths of shimes education is a good buy?

I'm looking for something really fun and different. If anyone has other recommendations, do let me know. Thanks! Idea
Robin Houchens
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: math enrichment Reply with quote

Cuisenaire Rods have a number of books that provide math enrichment opportunities for many different levels, if your son is kinesthetic. There are also tangrams, pentominoes, and the perenial favorite in our house for math enrichment for many years, muggins/knockout. You can also google "gifted math enrichment" you will find plenty of links to help you!
kgianforti
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Critical Thinking Company has great math books, if he likes workbooks.
thinks
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do check out BEESTAR (just google it) - it's free, it's getting great reviews, and it's both online and printable worksheets. I think they've now added other subjects besides maths. Well worth a look if you have internet access Smile
Cheers
Jean E
blog: http://www.onthinking.co.nz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: