Homeschooling a kindergartener.

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

janineb781
User

Homeschooling a kindergartener.

Postby janineb781 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Does anyone feel like there husband does not understand all the work involved in homeschooling. My husband works 12 hour days and feels I should do everything that entail the house, the housework, the bills, the schooling, and have no help when he gets home. Is that fair. I am with the kids 24/7. Do I desearve a chance to get out without the kids to go to say Walmart or something. What do you think. I feel unappreciated. I have three children 4,6 and 19.

mschickie
User

Postby mschickie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:04 am

I unfortunatelly have met a few families that have had to struggle with this. Have you found a local support group yet? Maybe meeting other homeschool Dads will help him understand that you need support and time away. We have Care and Share nights for the Moms ever few months.

Do you have a Pastor or counslor that you can talk to? I have a freind that does not hs but had similar issues with her dh and she finally got so fustrated and border line depression that she sought counsling. The counslor eventually had them in for joint sessions and her dh started coming around. He is still not perfect but now she goes out one night a week and he stays home with the kids. That has helped her alot. Maybe just try the idea of you having one night out a week?

mark_egp
User

Postby mark_egp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 pm

The 19 year old can do all the housework, laundry, etc., freeing you for school, groceries, etc. plus free time to recharge.
Mark - http://www.everygoodpath.net/ Homeschool ideas
http://www.everygoodbook.com/ Classic Book lists easy to search/sort for history, literature, and reading lesson plans

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:17 am

When I was 15 or 16 I had to wash dishes, do laundry, take out the trash, etc., which I didn't enjoy terribly much, but didn't scar me for life either. I second the idea of having the 19 year old help out.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”