McRuffy and "Reading made Easy" by Bendt - opinion

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

bedashwood
User

McRuffy and "Reading made Easy" by Bendt - opinion

Postby bedashwood » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:15 am

Has anyone ever used “Reading made easyâ€

octobersky
User

McRuffy

Postby octobersky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:12 am

Hello, I cannot say enough about McRuffy. I just started out homeschooling last yr, kndg for my then 5 yr old DS. I am again ordering from McRuffy Press. My son did great with all of their programs. Phonics, Math and Science. Being a first timer I was really nervous about would I be able to teach my son to read, but the McRuffy phonics put me at total ease, it gives you everything you need to be successful, and my son loved the readers, he couldn't wait to finish one and move onto the next.
Oh and if you shoud decide to order McRuffy, I would suggest to do it directly from McRuffy Press, they are only a few dollars more than buying through Reading Rainbow, and you get more stuff, sicne they sell a special edition only through their site.
Happy teaching!!!! :D

bedashwood
User

thanks!

Postby bedashwood » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:25 am

Wonderful - thank you very much!
I went with Reading made easy this year. We are doing Heart of Dakota - Little hearts for His Glory - for 1st grade and they recomend RME. I used some Alphaphonics (polar opposite from RME) in kindergarden and he learned a lot - but did not enjoy it. Actually - he hated school. Hopefully he will learn the joy of reading this year with RME. I will see how we do this year and will definetly keep McRuffy in mind when I order next season. Again - thank you for the great advise!

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”