Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Affordable online homeschooling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool vs Public School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mthroftwo
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Affordable online homeschooling? Reply with quote

I have a 15 year old daughter who is a 9th grader and goes to public high school. Last year, I put her in online homeschooling through The Jubilee Academy and she and I really liked it. Although, this year I put her back into regular public school because I felt she needed the high school experience. Now she constantly skips school because she wants to do homeschooling again. Unfortunately, I do not have the money to put her back into that particular online homeschooling service. I was wondering if there are any free or cheap online home school's out there. I have found a home school but it does not serve the Los Angeles County area. So if you find one please make sure it is available to the Los Angeles County area.

PS: Sorry that my post is so long. Anyone please respond. I don't want her to ruin her education just because she is unhappy.
Lily
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out CAVA (K12)? It's public school run, so all the materials are given to you to use.
mthroftwo
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. The website says it has stopped enrolling high school students. Although, I have found one. The Kaplan Academy of California Los Angeles, I submitted the online form yesterday and got a call today. They seem promising and say they are public school run too. The only thing is I have to complete 12 pages of forms. I'm really hoping all goes well.
yuriko
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have you looked at CLASS curriculum? We love it! It is a Christian-based homeschooling. If you can't afford the tuition fee in full, they have a payment arrangement option.

Good luck to you.

Thanks,

yuriko
mthroftwo
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just sent in the paperwork for Kaplan. Hopefully it works out.
Thanks yuriko if it doesn't work out with Kaplan I'll look into CLASS.
janaleigh
User

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple more free homeschool options for you in LA...

~Connections Academy
~Pacific Coast High School (in OC but much of the work is online and they offer some classes once a week. There are several students who attend that live in LA)This is a college prep program and they have won many awards.
~Charter Schools-There are a bunch in LA-I'm too new here to be allowed to post links so PM me if you need it. Many of the charter schools (public schools run as small independent schools) offer independent study programs.

Take Care,
Jana
http://www.homeschooljungle.com
http://www.summerhouseliving.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool vs Public School All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: