Can I keep my part-time job?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

AprilP
User

Can I keep my part-time job?

Postby AprilP » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:33 pm

I definately want to homeschool my 2 oldest children (the younger two are just toddlers yet). I work 2 days a week 8:00 to 6:00, and I love my job. My mother comes over to watch the children on those 2 days, and she said she would help. Can it work?

hbmom36
User

Postby hbmom36 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:56 pm

Perhaps you could make those 2 days the "weekend" for your children. You don't have to teach them only Monday-Friday, or during the traditional school hours. We usually make Tuesdays free from instruction, because it happens to be a very busy day for us. So we homeschool on either Saturday or Sunday, to make up for taking Tuesday off.

MeganWiles
User

Postby MeganWiles » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:43 pm

If your mom is willing to participate in the homeschooling process, I think it would be no problem. As long as the two adults involved are communicating and and sharing ideas about how the children should be taught and what they are learning, it sounds like a great plan.

Go for it!

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:41 pm

I have a friend that works two days a week and has to put her children in day care once a week. The provider is very flexible and actually does work with the two boys. Youcan be surprised how easy it can be.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

lizziehelga
User

Postby lizziehelga » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:05 am

Hi all i am lisa, i want to join home schools i idon't know how to join can u help me...

regards:)lisa

http://www.educationtrak.com

Theodore

Homeschooling is something you do, not something you join:

Postby Theodore » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:27 am

Homeschooling is something you do, not something you join. Basically, you just buy some curriculum and starting teaching your kids (or yourself, depending on who you're looking to homeschool). You'll also need to fulfill the legal requirements for homeschooling in your state, which means it will probably be helpful if you let us know what state you're in so I can point you to the right web page.

Return to “Getting Started”