Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IL vaccination laws

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimAmy
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: IL vaccination laws Reply with quote

Any homeschoolers from IL familiar with the HPV vaccination legislation? and ramifications for refusing the vaccination? Thanks

Amy
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at info online (as of early 2008), it appears that Illinois does not force you to take the HPV vaccine, though it does require that insurance providers cover the vaccine, and I imagine the schools are strongly pushing its use. As a homeschooler, there shouldn't be any ramifications to not taking it.

Texas, of all states, was the only place I know of to make the vaccine mandatory in the schools, and I doubt even there they went to the extent of forcing homeschooolers to take it.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theodore wrote:
Texas, of all states, was the only place I know of to make the vaccine mandatory in the schools, and I doubt even there they went to the extent of forcing homeschooolers to take it.

Texas Gov. Perry's executive order requiring it was rescinded by Texas legislators, happily. Immunizations are "required" only to attend public school, so private school students (which includes hses) could easily refuse it.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, hence the past tense Smile
twinmom2
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas did try and make it mandatory, I don't know if that extended to homeschoolers or not, BUT in Texas, and in many states, you can be exempt for religious or moral reasons to the required vaccines.
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am originally from IL and the way I always understood the laws you only had to get the vaccines to attend public schools, daycare, or private schools. I am very picky about what vaccines I get my kids. I am choosing not to get the HPV vaccine for my daughter. I also chose not to get the chicken pox vaccine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: