Effect on other forms of schooling

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

my3boyshomeschool
User

Postby my3boyshomeschool » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 am

janw1256 wrote:Hi Guys,

So, I guess I am wondering, how are the adults on here involved in their community? Do you get to know your neighbors? Do you spend time reaching out to those who aren't part of your church community? Do you get to know the parents at the extra-curricular activities that you take your kids to?
Jan

Naaaah, we just live in a vaccum. :roll:
www.homeschoolblogger.com/my3boyshomeschool
www.thehomeschoolershangout.com
Mary, wife of Brett, Mother to Lucas, Bradley and Nolan

Calleigh
User

Postby Calleigh » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:24 am

:lol:

dahmad
User

What about online education supporting homeschool?

Postby dahmad » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm curious. If you had an online middle school and high school that offers AP courses, ESL and ELL courses and credit recovery courses, with licensed instructors and a counseling team, that can be accessed from anywhere in the world you find this helpful to you?

elliemaejune
User

Re: What about online education supporting homeschool?

Postby elliemaejune » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 am

dahmad wrote:I'm curious. If you had an online middle school and high school that offers AP courses, ESL and ELL courses and credit recovery courses, with licensed instructors and a counseling team, that can be accessed from anywhere in the world you find this helpful to you?

Not if it were offered as part of the public school system.

Homeschoolers are successfully doing AP courses themselves; don't usually need ESL or ELL courses; not sure what "credit recovery" means, so I guess I don't need that, either; have never needed "licensed instructors;" and have a counseling team made up of hundreds, if not thousands, of other homeschoolers whom I can access from anywhere in the world. So I guess I don't really need your services. :D
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

dahmad
User

Thank you for your reply

Postby dahmad » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:32 am

And if ever one of your students fails a course and needs to make it up but not all parts pf the course they would use credit recovery courses for this. Now you've learned something new.

elliemaejune
User

Re: Thank you for your reply

Postby elliemaejune » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:11 pm

dahmad wrote:And if ever one of your students fails a course and needs to make it up but not all parts pf the course they would use credit recovery courses for this. Now you've learned something new.

LSNED :-)

That's not usually a problem homeschoolers experience, but I'll know what it means if it comes up in other conversations. :-)
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years

Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil

Grandmother to 1 sweet boy

Caretaker of 2 budgies

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”