Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single Mom HS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> A Day at Our House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CANIACMOM
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Single Mom HS Reply with quote

I am a single parent who homeschools (2 boys). I trid for years to perfect a daily schedule, mostly to suite my needs, but it never worked. So this year we tried to be a bit more relaxed and it seemed to work. We get our day started by 9 am, have breakfast and be ready to start school by 10. I provide the boys a list of all assignments for the day and they choosewhich to attack first. I try to have them do the bulk of their subjects before we break for lunch. THey are allowed a 10-15 minute break once they complete two subjects. After an hour lunch they finish up whatever they have left. My boys like to have a four day week, but since they are older the work load is more. So I give them the option of doubling up during the week if they want to take Friday off. This type of schedule isn't my "dream" schedule, but it does prevent less stress for us all. Plus, the boys learn that if they want to play with friends in the aftenoons, then they must work hard in the mornings. Whatever is not done is considered homework for the evening. Needless to say, they rarely push their luck to that point. Lol We treasure our evenings for relaxing as a family (mom takes off her teacher hat).
bigreys5
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a newly single hs mom. I work full time at nights (we live with my mom), and do hs in day about the same schedule you have. I am kind of stressing out right now about being single and handling it all, but I just have to remind myself- I did it all when we were together, too, so it should not be too much of a transition.

Hanging in there,
faithgoeson
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to chime in with the "You can do it." I have done the single parent thing and homeschooled more years than I cared to, but it can be done! The best advice I have is never be afraid to ask for or accept help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> A Day at Our House All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: