home schooling senior year only

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

simplejoy1
User

home schooling senior year only

Postby simplejoy1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:54 am

My daughter wants to graduate early she has all her core classes plus 3 ap classes 1 online class. her senior year will be a blow off so She wants to finish her senior year over the summer home schooling. I just don't know what she will study she is taking 2 college classes as well i haven't ben able to fine any help in accomplish this

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Depends, what subjects does she have left to do? What area is she least skilled in? Are community college summer courses an option?

simplejoy1
User

Postby simplejoy1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:10 pm

She has 3 english credits 1 is Ap lit she has 3 math credits 1 is Trig/ Pre Calc
in science; bio, Chem, Phisics, Ap Chem, In Soc Gov, Eco, Phsy, Us Hist ,Geography, She had 2yr art Health and PE. Web pg design and Applied Tech a total of 25 credit hrs the only thing she is required to take from our school is electives which she will need 5 credits our school requires 30 she is also taking 6 college credits from the university she wants to attend

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:09 pm

simplejoy1 wrote:She has 3 english credits 1 is Ap lit she has 3 math credits 1 is Trig/ Pre Calc
in science; bio, Chem, Phisics, Ap Chem, In Soc Gov, Eco, Phsy, Us Hist ,Geography, She had 2yr art Health and PE. Web pg design and Applied Tech a total of 25 credit hrs the only thing she is required to take from our school is electives which she will need 5 credits our school requires 30 she is also taking 6 college credits from the university she wants to attend

Sounds as if she has plenty of credits. If she were mine, I would bring her home, graduate her ASAP, and let her move on.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

simplejoy1
User

Postby simplejoy1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Thats my question How do i do that

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Tue May 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Electives are all she has left?

What does she do?

Does she play guitar or a sport? Those are electives.

Does she baby sit or work? Those are electives.

Electives shouldn't be this difficult thing. For the most part, they should come from what she is already doing.

Sit down with her and do some brainstorming.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 am

Yep. There are all sorts of things that can be applied to electives. Have you looked into portfolio review? A portfolio of work and/or a written narrative proving you know a certain subject can be put together in just a few days, it's a good way to get college credit for real-life experience or things you already know. I used portfolio review for several of my computer electives and a humanities elective.

Return to “High School / College Prep”