Switched on Schoolhouse for child with ADD?

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

tmom
User

Switched on Schoolhouse for child with ADD?

Postby tmom » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Has anyone used Switched on Schoolhouse for a child with ADD? I really would like to try this for our next year. Thanks for any sugg.

ArkansasHomeschooler
User

Postby ArkansasHomeschooler » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:00 pm

tmom,
My daughter has mild Asperger's Syndrome, which is similar to ADD at times. We used SOS this year for the first time, and wouldn't know what to do without it now.

There is an option for reluctant readers called 'speak' which reads the lesson to the student. My daughter uses it when she has trouble concentrating. Since this is computer based, we practice handwriting skills as often as possible by doing reports and essays in notebooks.

We do need some one on one time, and I have to check her answers after the program has checked them, because sometimes it does not recognize synonyms or her spelling may be a bit off. Or a lot off. :)

I hope this is helpful. I know our children have different labels, but there are some similarities between the two.

Sheila

tmom
User

Arkansas

Postby tmom » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:56 pm

I take it that you live in Arkansas?

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”