Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Procrastined and Hated Chores
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Am I the only one to admit to wearing odd socks, they fit, and no body sees them in the winter. My 8yo hasn't worn a matching pair of sock on purpose more than 10 days in the past 6 years! Laughing
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care that much if my socks match, I wear long pants and nobody's likely to notice Smile But then again, nobody ever said I had impressive fashion sense.
abjennings
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate cleaning the shower and bathtub. There is no easy way. And none of those advertised "self" cleaners do what they say. So I just keep the shower curtain closed. The diaper pail doesn't bother me.
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys don't care if their socks match or not.

When my youngest goes to see the rheumatologist, rarely does he wear matching socks. He's usually in a hurry to get dressed, digs for socks in bottom of basket and off he goes without a care. He wouldn't care if there were holes.

I turn my socks inside out because the seam is annoying. The only exception are athletic socks that I bought from Nordstrom. They don't have a seam ridge. I have worn them at least 3 years (That's worded wrong. I do take them off to wash.) and they are just beginning to show wear.
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abjennings,

This might be helpful to you.
The 54 year old cast iron porcelain tub in the main bathroom is so difficult to clean cause the finish is worn. What I found that works for the old tub as well as the fiberglass in the other bathroom are nylon bath gloves. Step into the bathtub on a towel. Wear the gloves and treat them as if using a rag. Use whatever cleanser suits the finish. Wash the walls first, then take out the towel, squat down to wash the tub. If there is fungus on the caulk, then either squeeze bleach gel or soft scrub with bleach along the caulk line. Allow to remain for at least 10 minutes while you clean the rest of the bathroom. Wash off bleach cleanser using the gloves. The gloves can be cleaned in washing machine with some towels. The dryer doesn't seem to hurt them.

Also, it helps to have on hand 2 inexpensive ($2.00 ea) shower curtain liners. Two dollar or ten dollar shower liner doesn't make any difference in reducing fungus staining. When the one hanging is stained with fungus or when washed in machine won't come clean anymore (can be washed in machine with several white towels, soap, and 1 1/2 cups bleach, but may be cheaper to toss.) toss it out and rehang a clean one. It makes the bathroom smell and feel cleaner.
Momma24
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Great question! Reply with quote

Mathmom wrote:
My most procrastinated chore is keeping up with the paperwork, like filing important papers, and keeping the bills and receipts in order.

Can we be friends?? I need someone who understands me! Embarassed Wink
ArthurGreene
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathmom wrote:
I am in the process of getting rid of all socks that have holes in them. Then, I am going to get rid of, or use odd socks for crafts. Then, I will cull the socks down to a managable amount for each of us. There are 6 of us, so that will take me some time to do. I'm a procrastinator! I also like the cute toddler socks, so I don't want to get rid of some of them. I might try putting them in a buy lingerie bag when I wash them to keep them all together.
Anyway, I just bought myself 10 pairs of short socks and 6 pairs of crew socks. If I keep slippers on my feet, I shouldn't have anymore sock problems Cool

How did you make use of lingerie bags for washing? I have never used it. Which lingerie bag stuff you use for washing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: