Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Good Writers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artemis
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Looking for Good Writers Reply with quote

Hello. I was browsing over some of the messages here, and decided to join after noticing how consistent the good writing is, unlike so many internet forums. (Having said that, watch me go and make a dozen spelling mistakes).

Anyway. I'm looking for two things:

1). A really thorough list of well-known/successful people who have been self-taught, homeschooled, or dropped out of (or been expelled from) regular school. Like Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Margaret Mead...the list I have is already remarkable and long, but I'd like it to be as thorough as possible.

2). Good writers (homeschoolers and/or their parents) who might be interested in contributing to a book.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: A list of famous homeschoolers: Reply with quote

The following may be helpful:
http://www.christianhomeschoolers.com/hs_famous_homeschoolers.html

Incidently, do people who were not homeschooled, but homeschool their children, count? Congressman Todd Akin, for instance.
Artemis
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. I'd like to stick with people who homeschooled. Though always interesting to find people in high places choosing to teach their own.
Tabz
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that list is entirely accurate. After all, Moses probably was taught in Egyptian schools since he was a member of royalty.

And I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure D.L. Moody attended some school - but mostly he wasn't even at home as he went to live with another family to work to support the family when he was very young.
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: A list of famous homeschoolers: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure you wouldn't want to copy the list verbatim anyhow. That would be plagiarism. But it's a good place to start researching from Smile
hbmom36
User

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to contribute to a book.
SOPHIE
User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: looking for good writers Reply with quote

What kind of contributions are you looking for?
selina_farrell
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Interested Writer and Homeschooler Reply with quote

Hello,

My name is Selina Farrell. I currently homeschool my two boys, Joseph (age 10) and Ryan (age Cool, in San Clemente, California. I have also written numerous articles for regional parenting publications and legal journals. I am now in the process of writing a cookbook that should be published later this year. In addition, before I started homeschooling my boys, I taught Legal Research and Writing at Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, California.

I am very interested learning more about the type of writing contributions you seek.

Best regards,

Selina Farrell
kissedangel
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Good Writers Reply with quote

Artemis wrote:
Hello. I was browsing over some of the messages here, and decided to join after noticing how consistent the good writing is, unlike so many internet forums. (Having said that, watch me go and make a dozen spelling mistakes).

[Laughing] The consistent good writing may have to do with the fact a lot of us are or have homeschooled our children and the last thing we want is for the world to read our view points and say, wow the person 's writng is so poor, how the hell did they home teach and feel sorry for our children. It is a joke!!! or it is the fact that we are really good at what we do. Cool I have typed and made mistakes, even the best writers do. We want to make a good example and shout to the world at some stage of child/ren's life homeschooling is the best medication you can give your child.
1littlestudent
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be interested in contributing to a book. I homeschooled exclusively (as did nearly all of my 6 siblings) until I was 16. I started college at 16 and am currently a sophomore pursuing a B.A. in American Sign Language/English Interpreting with a minor in Spanish. I am a strong proponent of home education and would love to further the cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: