Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a very different 'getting started' problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Learn
User

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: a very different 'getting started' problem Reply with quote

I didn't see any other forums out there that I could post this topic, but I figured this was the best.

I don't have any children. I'm not married. I'm not engaged. I'm not even seeing anyone currently.

But I am looking for a woman and am open to married and I do want children. I am also convinced - increasingly so the more I learn - that independant education is the best way to raise your children, and raising children is the most important thing I or my wife will ever do in our lives.

The problem is that all of the single girls that supposidly want to get married and are interested in home schooling - even before I screen out for a religious/ideological match (Catholic / Capitalist) - don't seem to exist.

I should also clearify - I personally expect to be responsible for most of the educating. I have a flexible scheduele and would set up the instruction times for early mornings.

Unfortunately, not only do I not find any women disposed to this, I find most women to be hostile to the idea (ignorance about the importance of 'socialization' that is somehow achieved by putting their children in a state-run warehouse at the age of five. )

At one point I was dating a woman and we were quiet serious. I spoke to her about this at length and she actually seemed to agree with me on it and was looking forward to the idea of it. Unfortunatly, we did not make it as a couple.

My question - where are the pre-disposed women?
Tabz
User

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm one of them. I'm currently single.... but not actively searching for a husband (my faith and lifestyle makes the potential pool of canaditates small)..... but they're out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: