Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Juicers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would also point out that when you ask a blessing on over your food, it also changes the energy patterns. Is that something you could believe --or is asking for God's blessing on food just a ritual honoring Him only?

No, I don't think that prayer changes anything physical about the food. You pray more for good health and that you'll continue to have food in the first place, and even in the former situation, why not just go straight to good health? God is not restricted to energy patterns. For that matter, even if energy patterns were the mechanism for good health, God could just as easily predict your prayer in advance and prepare the food from the time it started growing. God is also not restricted to linear time.

This sort of discussion always makes my head hurt. Smile
seekingmyLord
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theodore wrote:

No, I don't think that prayer changes anything physical about the food. You pray more for good health and that you'll continue to have food in the first place, and even in the former situation, why not just go straight to good health? God is not restricted to energy patterns. For that matter, even if energy patterns were the mechanism for good health, God could just as easily predict your prayer in advance and prepare the food from the time it started growing. God is also not restricted to linear time.

This sort of discussion always makes my head hurt. Smile

Of course, God is not restricted to using energy, but that is not to say that He cannot and will not use it. God does not make everything obvious to everyone so that all is easy to believe and, thankfully, the Lord is not limited to what we believe He will and will not do and how He will do it, but I do believe He makes things known to a few so that they can teach others. Just because you don't believe a prayer will alter the energy of food does not mean that it doesn't. I used to feel that asking His blessing on the food was just a ritual, but now I know it has a real purpose.

As to health, I agree with you about praying for good health, but we all know that Christians still get ill. I think praying for good health while you continue to eat things that work against your body is like praying to freed from a drug addiction while you still take drugs or forgiveness while you continue repeating the same sin with the idea that God will forgive you so it is okay. On the other hand, I also believe that Jesus also could have healed everyone on the Earth, but He only healed those who requested healing on behalf of himself or a loved one. God wants us to ask, or else there would really be little point in praying, would there? So, at least in my family, we ask the Lord to bless the food and we try to eat the foods more like what He provided, picked fresh from the plant, so to speak, as much as possible because, to us, it does Him honor. We mostly eat what God has provided as He provided it, chemical free and grown in rich soil. (Again, I also look at it as supporting those farmers and their families, who make the extra effort to raise produce that way as well.)

As to the life energy factor, God made all kinds of energy to do things we really don't yet understand. Life supporting energies is a factor of life. Life supporting energies sustain life. We don' just get energy from the air we breathe; the food we eat, which is from living sources; and the sun, which provides unseen energies other than light as I am sure you know. Isn't it possible that that there are other energy elements that are not yet commonly known how they really effect us, perhaps help sustain our health?

There is a book that is a bit tedious in detail for most people, but I think it would be right up your alley called The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life by Robert O. Becker, M.D. It will not give you the answer directly about life energy of food, but it will enlighten you about the measurable energies (at the time of its writing) of the body and it AC and DC energy flows. Robert O. Becker is considered the father of electromedical and cellular regeneration technology. He was a Prof. of Medicine at Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, Director of Orthopedic Surgery at the Veterans Hospital, who liked to experiment outside of the box and this book details his experiments. That was the first book the Lord led me to read when I began seeking to His guidance in healing my own ailment, from which I had suffered for five years, and I did heal without medical intervention from what I learned with God 's leading in the year that followed.

By the way, I apologize for making you head hurt, but you keep posting. Wink
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't hurting until you got into the question of whether prayer has an immediate physical effect Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: