Pros and cons of Ritalin

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Mathmom
User

More ADHD/ADD education

Postby Mathmom » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:13 am

Last edited by Mathmom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elei
User

Postby Elei » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Mathmom
User

Postby Mathmom » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm sure the person, Batwing, who started this topic about ADHD will appreciate that you posted.
I'm glad you looked at the links I posted. It's impossible to post the articles themselves, or to summarize them(not easy to do, I'm finding out), and I'm not really qualified to comment on them too much,
so,I'll just keep posting links when I find them, if they look useful.
Take care.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:51 pm

I'm glad you posted too Elei.

It's good to get all different opinions and experiences.

I was told both my kids were ADD at different times. The school tested my son for it AFTER I told them not to! He did not test out as being distractable enough to qualify!

My daughter's therapist told me to get several books on the subject. I did. Do you know what I found out? I found out that anyone I knew well enough to evaluate had symptoms of ADD. I found it incomprehensible that EVERYONE I know well enough to evaluate according to the symptoms could have it.

I also found some very specific ways that my daughter didn't fit the profile. So my conclusion was that she is not ADD and that this is waaaaaay over diagnosed.

While I understand a very few people do have a serious problem that can be helped by drugs. I think this is way over diagnosed and way over prescribe and that in fact, we are becoming a nation of legal drug addicts.

MrBill
User

Postby MrBill » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 am

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”