Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just completed 11th..now ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amanda
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: just completed 11th..now ? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I just finished my 11th grade with CLASS Homeschools.org & now I really want to just do 12th grade and get it done, preferably with an accredited/diploma program. CLASS did my transcripts & will give me a diploma if I finish, but it's not accredited..but the thing is I don't know what to do with my life, so I dont know if I need it accredited or not. Anyways, I just really want to finish highschool. Can anyone suggest a method/or program? or is taking the GED the best?

Thanks in advance!
Amanda
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: just completed 11th..now ? Reply with quote

Colleges aren't too particular about whether your high school diploma is accredited or not. You can just complete the high school requirements for your state to your own satisfaction and "award" yourself a high school diploma. However, given that your diploma is not accredited, you will need to prove competency in the individual core subjects through some other method, which means either a reasonably detailed record of what you did and how well (CLASS probably supplies sufficient transcript for this) and/or nationally standardized tests (AP, CLEP, or DANTES).

Basically, rather than having a single accredited diploma, you'll need to provide portfolio / transcript OR standardized test scores for each individual subject, preferably the latter. You may also be able to make things simpler by taking the CLEP General Exams, which cover all the core material in only 5 exams, meaning you'll only have to take a few exams for more advanced courses. Check with your college and see if it accepts these.
amanda
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Theodore! I can't say I'm familiar with CLEP, AP, DANTES tests.. I'll have to look into them.
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Nationally standardized tests - AP, CLEP, DANTES: Reply with quote

CLEP: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html
AP: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html
DANTES: http://www.voled.doded.mil/dantes_web/examinations/DSST.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: