Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Tomatoe Pie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Green Tomatoe Pie Reply with quote

Two weeks ago, my husband picked all the green tomatoes. (I knew if I procrastinated long enough, he would do it.) I made a green tomato pie. Not one of my children, nor my husband were excited to even try it. For fear of eating cereal for the rest of the week, he hesitantly took a bite. Well, well, it really tasted good, sort of like apple pie with rhubarb. The kids followed and were quite surprised.
I think I found the recipe at www.allrecipes.com.
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume those tomatos are actually supposed to be green? I remember once when I had tomato plants and someone put an unripe tomato in the fridge. I thought it was a large grape, since it was still small and green, so I popped it in my mouth and started chewing. Oops.
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those tomatoes were unripe due to the end of the growing season.

That reminds me of the time I made chicken broth and only had a juice container to store it in. My little nephew was thirsty and found apple juice in the fridge. He poured a tall glass! Yuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: