Bad Day!

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

treshay
User

Bad Day!

Postby treshay » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 am

Teresa, mother to Mackenzie (8 ), Breanna (4) and Emmalee (5months)

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:45 pm

For an 8yo you are doing enough. SOTW world may be too ambitious for the 4yo. If your oldest likes it let her do it and don't expect the little one.

Everyone goes through this, usually on a pretty regular basis, that is why we need to be interacting with other homeschool parents so that we know we are not alone! It's like when you see a child having a tantrum and you think "good, I'm glad mine isn't the only one!"

THe next time you feel like you are having "one of those days" take the day off. If you can afford it, take a field trip, spend time at the library, spend the day reading books, or doing art projects. That is your prerogative! You are a homeschool mom, you can be flexible. You have to be in order for it to work. don't worry so much about what they can and cannot do, just make sure they have a love of learning and they will figure it out in time.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Ramona
User

Postby Ramona » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:10 pm

My bad day: The two middle girls started throwing up yesterday afternoon, the two oldest ones late yesterday evening, and the new baby in the middle of the night. I had had an appointment with another mom to bring her 3-y-o DS to play with my 2-y-o who is having a hard adjustment to no longer being the baby. She decided not to come even though it's not my son who's sick. Story hour at the public library was cancelled today because of Veterans Day. So I spent my morning freaking out because the girls were recontaminating each other and the boys (not to mention their parents!) So we have to skip school entirely today, which means I'll end up doing one more hot day next July, because of state laws and our family calendar. Sigh.

Oh, I had one idea: maybe I'll count today as a school day after all. Surely listening to my constant lectures on preventive hand-washing was educational for all, right?

Ramona

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Ceres
User

Postby Ceres » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 am

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." - Henry Adams

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:06 am

How do you recontaminate each other? It's the same viral infection or bacterial infection, and once your immune system kills it off, it's dead. Diseases aren't like lice :)

Most cases of the barfies are food poisoning.

Ramona
User

Postby Ramona » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:08 pm

oneofthegirls
User

Postby oneofthegirls » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:59 am

“When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.â€

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”