Winterize the Car

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Winterize the Car

Postby Regina Hogsten » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:03 pm

A few reminders to winterize your cars (where it applies). Once Christmas preparations begin you may not think of these things until January.

Have good Anti-Freeze, Add De-Icer windshield washer fluid, Check wiper blades and tread on tires for wear. Check battery. Cold weather is hard on batteries. Put a protective coat of wax on car to protect from salt.

Make sure each car has an ice scraper. I've had to use my credit card many times, cause one of the boys was in a hurry, needed a scraper, and took it out of my car. I've been grocery shopping, come out to snow or ice. After loading the van, I hunt the scraper!!!!! Then I start a mumbling tirade pulling out the credit card. The ice scraper has some length at the handle, not the credit card. At five foot, I had to lean over, hop up, scrape, and mumble. Then, run around to the other side for a repeat. When I got home, vengeance. All were sent outside to unload, happy to be out of my way.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks for the reminder...I'll get my husband right on it!!!

I've been known to use a CD case when my husband ends up with all the scrapers in HIS car!

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”