Temporary relocation question

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

zone8heather
User

Temporary relocation question

Postby zone8heather » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:02 am

My children are in public school now in Florida. We own a home in Florida and it will remain our permanent address. We are moving to Colorado in November and will be staying for nine months. Do I follow homeschool guidelines from Florida or Colorado? I am going to finish this school year Jan - June 08 at home then see how we like to homeschool before I decide to continue. Just not sure when and where to begin? Thanks in advance for your help!

Ramona
User

Re: Temporary relocation question

Postby Ramona » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:30 am

Not familiar with FL, but all you'd have to do for a 9-month stay in CO is just keep doing what you're doing. The CO laws require certain things to be done "during the year" so if you've been here less than a year at any point, you can always say you were planning to do it later on.

Ramona

vastonsmith
User

Postby vastonsmith » Sat May 02, 2015 6:28 am

If you have full custody and he has no parental rights then I would think that he wouldn't need to fill anything out. What would happen if you didn't know who the father was, then what would the state do? I would start by talking to whom ever is over this kind of info and let them know that the father is not in the picture and has lost all parental rights. You might even explain a little of the situation if you feel it necessary, especially if you think it might help in getting around the Birth Cert. thing. I wouldn't start getting to worried until you have talked with the appropriate people and exhausted all other options. Check out this article it was supposed to have happened in NE.

Return to “Homeschool Law”