Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

school started today and i wish i wasnt in PS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annonymous03
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: school started today and i wish i wasnt in PS!!! Reply with quote

i posted a short while ago stating how badly i wanted to be homeschooled..

you have no idea how bad my desire is but for some reason my parents wont give in.. i dont think they get how serious i am about this.. i dont think they get that i would be so much less stressed out. i honestly dont think i can make it through another year of public school..
i have bad anxiety and stomach problems and i would much rather stay home relax and work on my on.. what i always like doing.. i pretty much work on my own in school just with the other poeple all surrounding me.. so why cant i do it at home?

my parents think that i should go to school they say that i shouldnt give up so easily.. i tihnk its because theyve never known anyone who was homeschooled so they think that i wont get a proper education.. meanwhile they have no idea that most of the homeschooled are the smartest due to the fact they have more time on their on to figure things out without the burden of all the teachers and peers. i also think that when i say to my parents. "cant i just be homeschooled " or " i want to be homeschooled" they think im just saying it as like a joke kind of even though i say im completely serious

i REALLY dont think i can go to school tomorrow i might have a panic attack.. i dont know what to do i just want to be homeschooled !!!! what should i do i cant do this.. i reallly hope i think of something tonight so that my parents dont make me go.
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell them that school is stressing you out so much it's making you sick, and that other kids in your situation switch to homeschooling all the time. As long as you take standardized tests such as AP or CLEP for each subject, your self-study is guaranteed to be accepted at any college, and if there's a subject you can't handle on your own (lab science?), you can take that one course at your local community college. A couple hours a day 2-3 days per week probably won't stress you out nearly as much as 7+ hours a day 5 days per week, plus the people are more mature and probably nicer on average.

Requirements for homeschooling in NY
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get The Teenage Liberation Handbook from your library it can help you make your points to your parents but it should be said, some parents just won't be convinced on this issue.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is it going with you?

Let us know please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: