Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good animal tv shows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cartersmom
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Good animal tv shows? Reply with quote

My son loves any show about animals. He currently watches Zoboomafoo and It's a Big, Big World. Is there anything on the Discovery or Animal Planet (or anything else) that your kids watch?
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might enjoy All Creatures Great and Small. I'm sure you'd enjoy it, all of us did.
Dolly-VA
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is your son? There is one show called Xtreme Animals that my two kids loved to watch. The show picks a topic, like "jumping" and then does a countdown of the most extreme jumpers in the animal kingdom. Nothing offensive and often very amusing. It's not written for young children, but I'm sure even little kids would get something out of it. (The countdown idea is very appealing.)
cartersmom
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post was for my 9 year old but my 11 year old would also love it. The XTreme show sounds cool. We also happened to catch a cool show about Bears this morning on Animal Planet. I am going to see if that might be a series.

Thanks for the ideas. I am going to look them up right now.
seekingmyLord
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter really likes "The Most Extreme."
twiggybumble
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would highly recommend the Planet Earth series. It's beautifully done with captivating images that both children and parents can enjoy. I'm not sure if its still airing, but it's a Discovery Channel production.

My son is 10, and he also enjoys The Most Xtreme. He also likes to watch Blue Planet and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Animal Planet in general has some great programming. You should be able to find a few keepers just from checking in from time to time. Although, you should be careful about some of the programs, such as Animal Cops, as these have content that is a bit extreme for children in many cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: