Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschool groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denyse
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Homeschool groups Reply with quote

Very Happy Are there any homeschool groups that include preschoolers? My daughter is 3. I am going to start homeschooling this year. She is so interested in letters and reading. I believe she is ready to begin homeschooling. Please feel free to give me your advice for beginners like me! Thanks so much!!
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are homeschool groups for all sorts of different age ranges. For instance, from our California groups page (look for the word preschool):

Considering Homeschooling Ministry - Morningstar Educational Network
A Christian ministry helping parents with babies, toddlers, preschoolers and with older children discover the blessings of a biblical home education. Free DVD and brochure, mentors and meetings.

Orange County Exploring Homeschooling
A chapter of the national Exploring Homeschooling. Our organization offers weekly field trips, classes, nursing home ministry, park days, entrepreneur club, and other fellowship opportunities, mainly for the parents of babies, toddlers and preschoolers who are looking into Biblical homeschooling. We also have veteran homeschoolers share at our monthly meetings.

Sierra Nevada Homeschoolers Group
Our group is welcome to any homeschool family from El Dorado County and Sacramento County (or outlying areas) that wants to network with others. Meeting weekly at different locations along the 50 corridor, our group can help enrich your homeschooling experience. We have members of every age range from preschool to high school, and meet for social activities, small group classes, family field trips, and exchange of ideas and educational support.
gardening momma
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know any other homeschooling families, you might want to ask them about homeschooling groups/co-ops. The co-op that we're going to start going to this fall doesn't have an internet presence, and is just advertised by word-of-mouth.
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Homeschool groups Reply with quote

A couple of years ago a group in our area was putting together co-op classes for just one month, and they tentatively offered a few classes for pre-K as well as a nursery for younger ones. I volunteered to teach another pre-K class so there would be something for them every hour of the schedule. It was so fun to teach them activity songs and dances! They even performed at the end-of-term program.

Ramona
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine started a pre school co-op when her kids were that age. She might still be doing it, only aging the group as the kids got older.

You might want check to see what is offered free for pre-schoolers in your community also at parks, libraries, books stores and so on.

I do story programs in all these places in my area that are perfect for preschoolers to learn basic concepts. They are also so much fun for everyone!
mommyto2girls
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter is also 3, and I just got in touch with the lady who kind of heads up the co-op in our small town. They have a character study coop that includes preschoolers. She said lots of times the three year olds get sent outside with older kids to play, but that is really just as important as anything.

I am going to take my daughter so she can enjoy being with the group and start makin some homeschool friends. Most of the people we go to church with do not homeschool, and DD is very into friends, so I want to be able to say "we are going to do school like sally..."

I also must admit I want to start my own circle of homeschool friends to call when we "officially" start in August!

So, ask some homeschool friends that you know and find out about a coop or support group that may have preschool playgroups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: