I live in CT new please help

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 am

I live in CT new please help

Postby angel726 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 am

I want to pull my daughter out of school and finish the year home schooling her. I have issues with school.. Well I have no clue what to do where to start or anything. Can anyone help me with links on laws for CT or where to start to take her out and start homeschooling. Please help on anything as I am clueless on everything.. Thank you

User avatar
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Missouri, US

Postby Theodore » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 pm


In CT, you have to file a Notice of Intent within ten days of starting homeschooling. You also need to keep a portfolio of work, which can be inspected annually. Instruction must be "equivalent" to that found in the public schools, but what that is isn't specifically defined, and the Board of Education doesn't really do a comparison from your portfolio, so as long as you're covering the same subjects in a good-faith manner, you should be fine.


Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:30 pm
Location: Connecticut

Postby Sparks » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:45 pm

We just withdrew our child and it is very easy, write your own letter of withdraw.

I would recommend joining the HSDLA, and wait until your membership has been confirmed before withdrawing your child.


I followed the instruction here to withdraw;

If your school wants you to fill out any forms that require you to report status of your child you can refuse as it is not enforceable.


Another useful website:

Curriculum that we are using (Monarch), this has been very good as it retains all tests and progress. As the teacher you need to grade hand written essays and thesis but that is the joy of homeschooling.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Homeschool Law”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests