Education: Attitude and Life Skills Training

Since surveys keep getting posted, here is a place to put them.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Do you believe attitude and life skills curriculum is critical?

Not really
No votes
Total votes: 3

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Northwest Indiana

Education: Attitude and Life Skills Training

Postby BryanHart » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 am

Zig Ziglar says that 95% of what schools teach children has to do with facts, figures, and formulas. The other 5% has to do with attitude and life skills. He would always stress how much more important lessons in attitude and life skills were to the development of youth.

So my question is: would we be interested in having a discussion thread on curriculum ideas to help train our children and youth learn about attitude and life skills such as personal finance, career/vocation, personal excellence, leadership, marketing ideas, connecting with people, and innovating?

I have recently started a youth excellence program for youth from traditional schooling and for homeschoolers. The homeschoolers are eating this stuff up. I could use all the help I could get to refine what I am teaching and spread these ideas.

What do you think about this topic as a discussion thread?
Bryan Hart

Return to “Homeschool Surveys”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests