2 very important ?'s.Records and letting the schoool know...

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kimtieuphuong
User

2 very important ?'s.Records and letting the schoool know...

Postby kimtieuphuong » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 am

In my state we do not have to keep records but I am going to each year in case anyone ever questions me.How do I go about doing this? Is a treachers lesson planner enough doc.?Writting what was done daily and the grades in it.With dates and page assigments.

2nd how do I go about telling the school.We are not coming back? Do I need to or what is coreect here?

Thanks so muchl

elliemaejune
User

Re: 2 very important ?'s.Records and letting the schoool know...

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 pm

kimtieuphuong wrote:In my state we do not have to keep records but I am going to each year in case anyone ever questions me.How do I go about doing this? Is a teachers lesson planner enough doc.?Writting what was done daily and the grades in it.With dates and page assigments.

2nd how do I go about telling the school.We are not coming back? Do I need to or what is coreect here?

Thanks so muchl

I'll answer the second question first. Generally, it is recommended that you formally withdraw your children by writing a letter to the school. However, you need to know your state laws, as there may be requirements for you to file a notice of intent or some other thing. You can check your laws by going to hslda.org.

As far as what records, (1) never do anything "just in case." (2) What you're suggesting is way overkill, *unless* your state requires something like that, which is why you need to check your state laws.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

Return to “Getting Started”