Putting kids in....taking kids out

Discuss unschooling, eclectic, the unit study approach, or any other "unusual" homeschooling method.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

batwing
User

Putting kids in....taking kids out

Postby batwing » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:32 am

The eternal God is thy refuge,and underneath are the everlasting arms.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:00 am

Ophelia
User

Postby Ophelia » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:01 am

That site explains plenty about how to get out of public school, but doesn't say anything about getting back. As far as I know, there are no rules on what public schools can or can't do on readmission, and the usual procedure will probably be to test your kid and then admit at the lowest grade level found in any subject. Some schools may be nicer and give you some say, or at least place in the average grade level rather than the lowest, but that's up to the discretion of the school.

Basically, the best way to find out is to talk to the school. Nothing you look up online is likely to help on this, sorry :cry:

Mathmom
User

Postby Mathmom » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:33 am

I really don't understand why she would do this. It seems like it would create uncertainty and unstableness in their life. If you think she is just frustrated, which is perfectly normal for beginners, maybe she would do better getting a consultation from a homeschool resource consultant.
I'm sorry if this is too late, or you don't know what I'm talking about. I know their are experienced homeschool parents who help people with their decisions. Maybe you could help her find some support where you live. They could help her find ways to make homeschooling better for her family.
It just seems to me that she would give the school district, or who ever decides, a reason to say, "Well, how sincere could your religious beliefs be, if you are putting them in a setting you don't approve of and then pulling them out." Do you see my point?
I hope you will let us know how her family is doing. Thanks.

elliemaejune
User

Re: Putting kids in....taking kids out

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Return to “Homeschooling Styles and Philosophies”