New to homeschooling... need curriculum advice....

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

nmmiller79
User

New to homeschooling... need curriculum advice....

Postby nmmiller79 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi All,

Well we are new to homeschooling.... I have an almost 8 year old (2nd grade level) and a 10 yr old (4th grade).

We recently removed them from public school and are beginning the homeschooling process. I'm leaning more towards the "unschooling" ways, but I want to make sure they have the basics first.

I can't seem to find my way to the best curriculum to use for the basics for them. Looking mainly at Math and Reading/Spelling/Grammar. The 2nd grader needs help in all of these areas - mostly because she "doesn't like" to do it. Not that she can't. The 4th grader is more advanced (on the last Harry Potter book & was starting Algebra in school). So I need things that will challenge her.

We're moving off grid to a VERY remote location, so my resource opportunities are a little more limited than most. Can anyone suggest what curriculum you think might be best for these areas?

The other areas we are going to attack as we go - as in - if they want to learn about weather - that's what we'll study. The 10 year old loves Ancient Egypt - so we'll probably start there for our History lessons.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks!
Nicole
Our 180
taking. life. back.
www.our180.com
facebook.com/our180

mathias12
User

home schooling

Postby mathias12 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:32 am

elliemaejune