What are some good online home schools?

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

BigBoned
User

What are some good online home schools?

Postby BigBoned » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi everyone! I am thinking of online home schooling for my children and I was wondering if any of you know of any good and trust worthy online home schooling sites for middle school.
Thanks! :D
My hobby: eating

sweetpea
User

Postby sweetpea » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:02 pm

Hello BigBoned and welcome!

We are using Time4Learning for our 8th grader. You can read my description here in the Curriculum category.

Theodore

Escondido Tutorial Service or Scholar's Online Academy?

Postby Theodore » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:41 am

If you're looking for actual online courses rather than web courses, you may be interested in Escondido Tutorial Service and Scholar's Online Academy. Both offer courses involving real-time chat (and in the case of Escondido, probably voice and Whiteboard and so on as well), and the coursework and teachers are excellent.

Lkat83
User

Postby Lkat83 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 pm

We use a virtual school, through K12.

parkcityonl
User

Some Good Online Education Programs

Postby parkcityonl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

There are A LOT of good online high school and middle school programs out there. One that we like a lot is Park City Independent. It's a lot like K-12 except it's entirely focused on High school and Middle school education. Hope you find what you need!

jaranga
User

Postby jaranga » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:11 am

Bill
User

Re: What are some good online home schools?

Postby Bill » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 am

BigBoned wrote:Hi everyone! I am thinking of online home schooling for my children and I was wondering if any of you know of any good and trust worthy online home schooling sites for middle school.
Thanks! :D

Hi ,

I am a grandfather looking for home school resources for my grandson.
Can you suggest any good sites?

Bill.

KR
User

Postby KR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 pm

We are also happy with the k12 program. The children can move at there own pace and everything is pretty clear and user friendly.

dreaindigo
User

Postby dreaindigo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Hello everyone I reside in Delaware where the k12 school is not free in fact its over 6000 a year so I am looking for other Online High school for my daughter ...please if some one could provide me with a few real schools which they have had success with would be great
thanks
Andrea Phillips

Jeanie
User

Postby Jeanie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 am

I really like The Potter School for online homeschooling. THey use this service called StudyPlace that is awesome. It lets me as the mom, see everything that is happening, like what is due, when, grades, feedback from teachers, it also alerts the teacher when my child's grade starts slipping, but before it kerplunks, so I know too! I tried online classes with other organizations, but now I only use the ones that use StudyPlace as their organizer, as those ones are SO MUCH BETTER!
[bJeanie :) [b]

Return to “Suggest a Topic”