Best places to get textbooks

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

thewellmans06
User

Best places to get textbooks

Postby thewellmans06 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:18 pm

thewellmans06
User

Postby thewellmans06 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm

thank you so much!

thewellmans06
User

Postby thewellmans06 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm

thank you so much!

ergonzalez
User

Postby ergonzalez » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 pm

My wife and I like Rainbow too, but we've founs some good stuff in Amazon. I am not sure, but I think this is a good price for this book/curriculum.
-- EG

i8urchicken
User

Postby i8urchicken » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:18 am

I've been looking up the price of the Lifepac full curriculum (minus Bible) by Alpha Omega for a 5th grader, and honestly, the best price I found for the entire complete set of the 4 core subjects, NEW, was on Ebay. If I do go with the Lifepac set, that's where I will be buying it unless someone knows of a cheaper place. It's overall about $45 cheaper there then anywhere else. And again, it's new and the current editions, with the teachers guide. But be watchful, some sellers don't sell with the teachers guide.

ergonzalez
User

Postby ergonzalez » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am

-- EG

josh_chs
User

Postby josh_chs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 pm

luluxiu
User

Postby luluxiu » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:50 pm

If I go Lifepac set, then I would buy a cheaper place, unless someone knows. It's a whole about $ 45 cheaper then other places. Again, it's new and current versions, with the guidance of teachers.

ChristinaC
User

Postby ChristinaC » Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 pm

I found this thread because I was looking for a place to sell the books I used for homeschooling my daughter and son. Any help would be appreciated! But I think I can help with some ideas where to buy books, so here goes: There's www.homeschoolingbooks.com for complete packages (and they have Christian based stuff, too), and www.homeschoolsupercenter.com seemed good for entire curriculums that are accredited. I have personal experience with www.scholastic.com, though they aren't exclusively homeschool, and there's a whole directory of materials at http://www.oldfashionededucation.com. Can someone help me with selling my books? Has anyone used homeschoolclassifieds.com? A friend of mine from the states used a place to get rid of their college books (it's a super long url I shortened it: sell textbooks) but they won't take any of my older books, nor anything that's not directly college related (and, nor did they offer me much help where else to go). Throughout schooling my daughter, I've purchased several math books (algebra, and even pre-calc!), and for my son, quite a few science related books like astronomy and biology. I won't sell my bibles (I'd prefer giving them away rather than selling them). Any help would be appreciated, even if I don't get much money for them, they're better in the hands of someone else rather than collecting dust. Thanks!

Return to “Getting Started”