Annual Educational evaluation

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

jennywirth
User

Annual Educational evaluation

Postby jennywirth » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 am

Hi everyone...I am a new HS mother of two, and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on what type of test i should give to my 8 yr old DS for his annual evaluation?? Also wondering if anyone may now the type of subjects on these test, so i know i am preparing him for the right stuff..I am so glad i found this site it has been such a help!!! Thank you all again.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 am

I did a bit of searching and found this page on the FCAT, the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test. It's what public school students take grades 3-11. While you don't necessarily have to have your son take this exact test - any state or nationally-accredited standardized test will probably do - it should give you an idea of the sorts of things they're looking for.

lisakinter
User

Postby lisakinter » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:04 pm

I would advise finding an experienced homeschool evaluator in your area and having her in for an eval. In Florida, the rule is that they need some sort of evaluation and the most popular method seems to be to have an evaluation by a licensed teacher.

There are consultants around who are great at this and can give you useful advice on your curriculum and approach. Of course, it's scary. Terrifying. But, following the advice is optional and usually, people really enjoy having an experienced person really engage with you.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”