Need Some Help

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Naomi
User

Need Some Help

Postby Naomi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 am

Hello
I need some help. Because of circumstances that has arrose on the home front I find myself now in a position of having a daughter with no school to go to. We had to unenroll her from her previous school.
I live in queensland and would like to home school her but have come across the problem of putting together a curriculum for year 8. And it is so near to the end of the school year. I know if i do not do something very quickly I will have the truency officers breathing down my neck. Can anyone in Queensland advise me where to start and how to put a curriculum together at this late stage. Thank you.
Naomi :?

socialhomeschooler
User

Postby socialhomeschooler » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:58 am

First, take a deep breath and calm down, then read "Teach Your Own" by John Holt. I'd also talk to your daughter about what she wants to do, allowing her to take an active rather than passive role in her education. One of the biggest problems with schools (in my opinion) is that they use a one size fits all curriculum, when one size doesn't fit all. What interests her right now?

Good luck!

Naomi
User

Will Do

Postby Naomi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 pm

bchsmom
User

not sure what your laws are like there

Postby bchsmom » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Naomi
User

Postby Naomi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 pm