Lapbooking or Notebooking???

Discuss unschooling, eclectic, the unit study approach, or any other "unusual" homeschooling method.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Rhodes Family
User

Lapbooking or Notebooking???

Postby Rhodes Family » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:34 pm

This is our 2nd year homeschooling our special needs 3rd grader. We are eclectic in our approach to learning. Last year we did our first lapbook and my son really loved it. I decided we would do more Lapbooking and Notebooking combined with our Unit Studies this year. Does anyone else do this? Do anyone have any ideas as to how to make it interesting?

Elei
User

Postby Elei » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:50 am

We like lapbooking too. I have a 5th grader and a second grader.
For the 5th grader last year we made lapbooks on Triops, a few different countries (we are in Europe), sharks, and an author (his favourite books) Geronimo Stilton.
The second grader did dogs, the human body and pirates.

We did a lot of history with the Triops and of course we have some Triops in the house, we still have them right now.
The countries give a lot of geografy and history.

We make the lapbooks ourselves, no pre-made printouts, we look things up on the internet and in librarybooks and make little pictures or summeries about the things we find.

For this year I found out about Mini Offices, which is similar to lapbooking and we are going to start our Mini Office for this year next week.

Hope this helps you.
Elei.

Rhodes Family
User