thinking about homeschooling

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

GaMom
User

thinking about homeschooling

Postby GaMom » Sat May 20, 2006 4:39 pm

I am seriously thinking about homeschooling my 10 year old daughter for the next school year. I do not know what curriculums to even look at or where to purchase them.

I have been told that you do not have to spend alot of money to do it right, but when it comes to her education I want to make sure she gets what she needs.

alisarussell
User

Postby alisarussell » Sat May 20, 2006 4:47 pm

I will be homeschooling for the first time next year. I have two boys (9 and 6 1/2). I have been doing alot of research over the last few weeks. A good book for you to either find at your library or at the bookstore is 100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum by Cathy Duffy. It helped me to figure out their learning styles and what curriculums would match their learning styles. Where do you live in GA? I used to live in SC, but now live in MI.

Theodore

Re: thinking about homeschooling

Postby Theodore » Sat May 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Not to toot our own horn, but you may find Mary Pride's Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling useful. It's the latest in the Big Book of Home Learning series, widely considered the best, and definitely the most heavily researched, series of books on homeschool curriculum.

Return to “Getting Started”