Oklahoma Homeschool Law

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kerlin
User

Oklahoma Homeschool Law

Postby kerlin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:45 pm

Oklahoma lets the parents decide what, how much, and when to teach. We are not required to keep any records, testing or any other proof that we are homeschooling.

We are lucky to have a politician in our state that homeschools his children, he keeps the our local laws in favor of homeschool for us. I like the freedom we have, and I think I am learning as much as my kids are.
Mommy of two

Theodore

Politicians who homeschool...

Postby Theodore » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Really? Who? It might be interesting to make a list of all the politicians who homeschool or have been homeschooled (or put in office by homeschoolers), just so we can see how pervasive homeschooling is becoming in politics.

I'll start off the list with Congressman Todd Akin from Missouri, who homeschools / has homeschooled all of his children, and regularly hosts large homeschool get-togethers.

kerlin
User

Postby kerlin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 pm

I should have percieved that questions comming LOL.

I will find out and get back to you, my mother is the one that keeps up with the laws and tells me what they are. She keeps records of EVERYTHING.

She started homeschooling in Mo. with my baby brother years ago. So she can compair the laws between Ok. and Mo.

I will try to get her on this forum soon.
Mommy of two

Return to “Homeschool Law”