16 YR OLD WHO NEEDS HELP

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

DUMBOMAN123
User

16 YR OLD WHO NEEDS HELP

Postby DUMBOMAN123 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:43 pm

WissNX-01
User

Postby WissNX-01 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:35 am

nep
User

Postby nep » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:33 am

Hm. Well, I will try and keep to topic here. I don't know you or your situation. I agree about dumping the friends myself, but that is your choice. I do wonder what your parents have been doing during all this- I mean- really?? But you are old enough now where one can't blame them anymore and you have to take responsibilty for your own actions and choices now- and that means taking the blame too- you aren't a 'kid' for much longer.

Anyhow, to try and not get sidetracked here, I'm glad you are thinking of trying to do school even if public school does not work. Something in you must see that learning is important. Why not do a highschool diploma correspondance course? Usually the pace is set by you- so you can get through it more quickly than regular school, and you will get a diploma in the end and be prepared to take a college prep test even- so if later in life you decide to go to college you can with out having to start over. You might not be interested now, but who knows what you might feel like then. I for one, wish I had taken my SAT or ACT, but it wasn't important to me then. But even if you don't do that but have your GED or a diploma, community college is always an option. So many jobs base pay on education even if it is a job where they shouldn't, so consider where you want your life to go beyond tomorrow- it can happen- you are capable of getting there.

nep

Happyteen
User

Postby Happyteen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:25 pm

Try homeschooling through American School out of Lansing, IL. You can google it. It cost about 900.00+ for 4 years of H.s BUT IT IS WORTH IT TRUST ME!

Lkat83
User

Postby Lkat83 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:20 pm

You might read The Teenage Liberation Handbook. It's directed to teens who don't want to attend regular school. Your library might have a copy.

There are also different virtual school options available, depending on what state you live in. Some are free, others cost money.

Whatever you do, it sounds like you need a new group of friends. Good luck.

Return to “Getting Started”