Convincing Parents to Homeschool?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

MsCorinthos
User

Convincing Parents to Homeschool?

Postby MsCorinthos » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 am

Hi, my name is Cassidy and I am new here to the forums.
I found this by googleing and saw a lot of the posts had some good information, so I figured why not try it out?
Anyway, I am a 9th grader at my local high school in Ohio but things just don't seem to be working out for me there. Most of my teachers don't really give individualized help and even though the last quarter I put forth the same amount of effort, I got my all time lowest marks for the quarter. My parents and I considered homeschooling back when I was in 6th grade but then they decided against it after watching a Dr. Phil episode on homeschooling where he said that "people who are homeschooled after Elementary school are socially retarded".
Now, however, I am back to considering it because our school-district is low on money and really doesn't provide well for its students. I am looking for a way to present this to my parents where they really wouldn't have a reason to say no, you're staying in public school.
My cousin did the k-12 program when he was in 6th grade and it worked for him because it was all online.

So what I'm basically asking is, how to present it to my parents that this is the best option for me, and which program (online) would be best in your opinion?
Also, is it possible to graduate early if you use a homeschooling program?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 am

Return to “Getting Started”