New

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

RShaw27
User

New

Postby RShaw27 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 pm

HI! Rebecca from Texas! This will be our 1st year to home school...we have 2 boys that will be going into the 8th and 4th grades and our daughter will be in 1st.

I am scared and excited! Looking forward to the Home School conference coming in August...

Just trying to read up on all the material and choose the one for us.
Rebecca, SAHM to 3

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi Rebecca-
What fun grades...I just had two come out of those grades last year. I hope you have as much fun as we did!

I have never been to my states HS conference but I hear that they are fun (no matter what state you are in) and really interesting.

Maybe I will get to go sometime in the next 18 years before my youngest gets out of highschool.

The fun really begins when you start getting the curriculum you ordered!

justjennifer
User

Postby justjennifer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Rebecca! This is our first year to homeschool too. I have a girl going into 8th grade, and a boy going into 3rd. Currently we are still in MO, but I'm hoping that we can get to TX in time for the hs fair. All we need is a buyer for our house. Just in case we don't get to TX by Aug, I've been looking at curriculum online. I'm both excited and nervous to be getting started. Are your kids excited? My youngest is, but his sister is nervous about leaving public school. Although she volunteered to take the Saxon math placement test the other day, so maybe she's getting more on board. :wink:
Jennifer

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. " Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Getting Started”